Montana Advocate Resources
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients. There are resources here to help you.
MontanaProBono.net is an online legal community that provides information and resources for pro bono attorneys, legal aid attorneys, public defenders, and other legal advocates interested in increasing access to justice.
To Get Started:
To access or contribute resources, you must be an approved member of the community so click the "Login" button the left side of the screen.
Once approved, browse the Pro Bono Opportunities Guide tab for volunteer opportunities in your area.
Forms for Volunteers:
The Need for Pro Bono
• Nearly one-third (32%) of low income households in 2010 had two or more legal problems in the last year.*
• In 2010, 14,226 low income households in Montana are estimated to have gone without legal help that they felt they needed to address at least one civil legal problem. *
If you would like additional information about MontanaProBono.net, contact us.
Please note: MontanaProBono.net does NOT provide legal advice. If you need a pro bono attorney or legal information, please visit MontanaLawHelp.org.
*Statistics in this section are derived from census information available at http://ceic.mt.gov; http://2010.census.gov/2010census/popmap/; http://www.census.gov/did/www/saipe/data/maps/index.html?reload; The Bureau of Business and Economic Research 2010 Montana Legal Needs Survey
- What a Homeowner's Attorney Needs to Know About Debt Collection, Foreclosure and Discrimination, Aug 22
- Bankruptcy Basics for Low-Income Clients 2014, Sep 10
- Managing the Pro Bono Client Relationship, Sep 18
- Representing the Pro Bono Client: Advocacy Skills for Administrative Hearings 2014, Oct 2
- Advocating for Veterans 2014, Nov 10
- View more